Cotyledon 'Choco Line' 14cm
Cotyledon papillaris 'Choco Line'
Διάμετρος γλάστρας:14εκ., Ύψος:25εκ.
It is a small shrubby succulent plant, which branches a lot and does not exceed 10 cm in height.
Its thick, fleshy, ovate leaves are of a glaucous green color, outlined with a red-brown stripe. The leaf margins are slightly wavy.
The foliage is covered with a whitish pruina, which gives the plant a dusty and opaque appearance and has the essential function of reflecting the sun's rays and keeping the water inside the leaves.
It is a plant, that is easy to cultivate, but you have to be careful when moving or transfering it, because with just a little touch the leaves fall down; however don't worry, you can ground the fallen leaves, and they will root quickly, giving you new seedlings.
This Cotyledon is perfect for adding a touch of elegance to your windowsills.
- It requires a lot of light throughout the year, however, avoid direct sunlight especially during the hottest hours of the day.
- It is preferable to keep it at mild temperatures and never below 7 °C, for this reason it is recommended to shelter it during the winter period.
- Water moderately and only when the soil is completely dry. It is enough to water it once a week in spring and summer, reduce it to once every two months in autumn and to suspend it completely in winter.
- A well draining and porous soil is an optimal solution, for example formed by a mix of peat and pumice so that water does not stagnate.
- They do not need frequent fertilization, it is sufficient to dilute the fertilizer with watering once a year.