Agave 'shoji-raijin' 6.5cm
Agave potatorum cv. Shoji-Raijin hort. - Αγαύη
Συνώνυμα: Agave Potatorum f. minima, Agave potatorum var. verschaffeltii cv. Shoji-Raijin
A beautiful cultivar, selected in Japan, also known as "Silver Star" or "Blue Rose" for its silvery blue color, considered a must-have in every collection.
It has magnificent rosettes with compact and fleshy leaves, with thick margins outlined by small and rigid brownish yellow spines.
- It requires a full sun exposure, even if it can stand a partial shade one only if it receives plenty of light all year around.
- It prefers rather mild temperatures, however it survives even in temperatures close to freezing if the soil is dry.
- Water moderately but only when the soil is completely dry. Once every two weeks in spring and summer and once every two months in autumn and winter.
- A well-draining soil is an optimal solution, even better if further enriched with inert materials such as pumice, sand or lapilli.
- They do not need frequent fertilization, it is sufficient to dilute the fertilizer with watering once a year.