Aeonium atropurpureum 10.5cm
Aeonium atropurpureum - Αιώνιο
It is a beautiful shrubby succulent plant, which produces long woody stems (up to 1 m long), on which numerous symmetrical rosettes grow.
The leaves are fleshy, lanceolate, spatula-shaped, ending with a tip, generally of a green color (in some varieties even dark red or purple). In spring-summer, it blooms with small flowers, ranging in color from white and yellow to greenish, which form clusters on the top of the rosettes.
Aeonium arboreum is an outdoor plant, ideal for adorning your gardens or balconies, creating wonderful green carpets.
- It requires a lot of light all year long, however avoid direct sunlight especially during the hottest hours of the day.
- It is preferable to keep it at mild temperatures or over, but never below 5 °C, for this reason it is recommended to shelter it during the winter period.
- Water moderately but only when the soil is completely dry. Do so once every two weeks in spring and summer, reduce it to once every two months in autumn and winter.
- A well-draining soil is an optimal solution, even better if further enriched with inert materials such as pumice, sand or lapilli.
- They do not need frequent fertilization, it is sufficient to dilute the fertilizer with watering once a year.